Crutchfield Capital provides merger and acquisition advisory services for clients seeking to sell their business, acquire a company, divest a division or subsidiary, or transfer corporate ownership to management. These are complex transactions requiring experienced dealmakers who have a deep appreciation for their clients’ specific needs. With our firm’s principals leading every engagement, we deliver creative thinking, customized solutions, and market expertise to help clients achieve their strategic objectives. For both sell-side and buy-side assignments, transaction sizes generally range from $10 million to over $500 million.
Sell-side M&A Advisory
First, we listen. We seek to understand our client’s goals and learn about the culture and the value of the business they have created. Then, we work collaboratively with them to develop a customized plan, compelling materials, and a strategy to identify and close the right deal—whether it is with a strategic or financial buyer. Our team provides:
- An objective review of attributes that might affect valuation metrics.
- Tailored advice on how to optimally position the business for sale.
- Production of a comprehensive information memorandum that articulates the compelling attributes of the business.
- A rigorously planned marketing strategy targeted to strategic and/or financial buyers.
- Preparation for presentations to prospective buyers.
- Procurement of multiple sale options and structures to maximize shareholder value.
- Representation during all phases of negotiations.
- Facilitation of due diligence by the buyer, its lenders, and its advisors.
- Coordination with legal and tax counsel, including a thorough review of the transaction documents.
Buy-side M&A Advisory
Based on a foundation of industry insights, market knowledge, and deep experience, we evaluate market opportunities and help buyers identify the right acquisition targets. As appropriate, we also assist in arranging acquisition financing.
Our buy-side processes are based on understanding and communicating each client’s unique rationale for seeking an acquisition. Accordingly, we achieve remarkably high response rates from targeted business owners and exceptional purchase opportunities for our clients.
We help clients with:
- Development of an acquisition strategy.
- Industry and database searches that identify specific acquisition targets.
- Initial target contact while maintaining buyer anonymity.
- In-depth due diligence of targeted businesses.
- Negotiation of transaction pricing, structure, and terms.
- Review of final transaction documents with legal and tax counsel.